Info Info - Thursday, June 10, 2010
AMPAL Industry Forum , Melbourne- co-presented by THE BIZ
On May 18th, The Biz co-presented a music industry discussion forum featuring a number of industry professionals including Ian James from Mushroom Publishing, Tim Janes from Shock and Rae Harvey Manager of The Living End.
For a full review of the night click on the link below
For me the highlight was really Rae Harvey. Her main message was really to just get out there and do-it-yourself. She reckons that the best way to learn about the industry is to throw yourself and the deep end and just starting doing. You don't need to intern, you don't need to work for someone else. Just start your own business and start taking on the big players.
I agree. Great words of advice.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- The Suits will inherit the Earth, or History will teach us nothing.
- The 2011 AMPAL Event in Melbourne - AMPAL Presents BEHIND THE MUSIC
- Music Fans Vs Popular Culture Fans
- Rick Springfield is a Marketing Genius
- How to: Copyright Symbol
- Your music is your marketing
- The Dawn of the Independant Musician
- How much do I charge for...
- Tax deducations and musicians
- Sources of Finance for Bands